Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Special Exposure Wednesday: Follow-up on Chipmunks


Last week,after posting a picture of Ricki wanting to photograph chipmunks, I had a request in the comments to post the picture that Ricki had taken. SHE never managed to film the chipmunk. (Actually, we are talking about ground squirrels. Chipmunks look almost the same, but are slightly smaller, and also have strips on their faces. But they are all “chipmunks” to Ricki.) But I did catch some with my camera, but the quality was poor due to a dirty lens....
Actually, I have posted earlier about Ricki and chipmunks, HERE (including an excellent close-up of a ground squirrel).
The pictures here are all from two and a half years ago, when my camera had a clean lens:

And what can we learn from the chipmunk? BE FAST and QUICK to grab opportunities, but beware of dangers!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Ooh - thanks so much for responding to last weeks request! Thanks for the chipmunk / ground squirrel lesson (we don't have anything like that here in Australia). They are really cute!!

Colleen said...

Just come to my house...They love being pests around here!

A Living Nadneyda said...

Oh, how I miss them! Thanks.

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Very cute little critters!