Monday, April 12, 2010

“I’M The Boss Here”

Whenever Ricki acts sassy, my husband will rhetorically ask, “Who is the boss here, you or me?!??”. So it was no big surprise to me when Ricki suddenly announced yesterday evening at the dinner table, in a moment of self-assertion, “I’m the ‘boss’ here!”
I laughed, and commented, “Ricki as long as your father and I are controlling the money, I think we are the ‘boss’.”
But she didn’t understand (or didn’t care to), and just reiterated: “I’m the boss!”
“Well, Ricki,” I replied, “you ARE the boss-of your body. No one is allowed to touch you without your permission.”
I mean, she DOES need to know that she IS the boss there! Let her feed that self-assertion where it will be useful!

2 comments:

Batya said...

In a sense she is, because of her being her. She'll always control your lives in a way her siblings don't and won't.
May G-d give you strength and humor.

rickismom said...

Batya, I slightly disagree. "Control" is not the right word. And right now, believe me, I think I have more "control" and worries from her siblings than from her.
But I understand that you didn't mean it negatively, and thanks for the "blessing"!