Saturday, June 12, 2010

SOOC- The Eye is Better Than a Camera!

[2 images of a street in the early morning light.]


These two photos showed me this week how inadequate the camera is at catching real life.
One morning as I was walking EARLY (sunrise time)(in order to beat the heat) I took these two photos at different parts of my walk. In real life, I could see the street, but the sky had a special "sunrise glow". With regular settings, I caught the "glow", but the street looks black. With special low-light settings, I caught the street, but the "glow" is gone........

You can find more of SOOC (Straight out of the camera) HERE

4 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

The pix are lovely
I often feel that way
That the camera is nowhere near what the eye sees

SoCo mom said...

I know what you mean! I have a point & shoot and have to play around with where I am pointing the camera to get the shot I am "seeing."

Looks like it was a lovely morning.

Courtney said...

I totally get what you mean. It happens - the eye seeing one thing but try hard as you may, the camera just doesn't do it justice. I thing your shots are great!

Rachel said...

I totally get it! I get exasperated trying to "catch" it with different settings... and instead settle for memory.

That first shot... the sky is just gorgeous!