Saturday, November 3, 2012

The HARD Days….


   I was going to call this post "The Bad Days", but thought better of it. Some days seem bad, but then, if I look at all the great things in my life, it is hard to call a day "bad". (And if you are not homeless/powerless/freezing in the cold like many of the people on America's East coast, there is plenty to be grateful for….)
   But besides that, those tougher days are sometimes just the thing we need to get us to where we need to be. As an example, pains in my leg got me started, after years of willy-washing about, to SERIOUSLY lose weight.  Sometimes we need someone to act TRULY atrociously for us to wake up and see how destructive they are to us. (And by the way, this happened to a friend, not to me, this week.)
   But with all that said, hard days are difficult. Even if we grow spiritually and/or emotionally from them. And if we are trying to lose weight, the stress can be toxic. So what can we do? A few ideas:
1)     Find ways to decrease stress that are practical, and work for you. I listen to soothing music on an MP3 player, or go for a walk…..
2)     Find friends who support you rather than hinder you. Decrease time spent with negative people (when possible)
3)     Don't tell yourself negative things like "I can't take this". Rather, encourage yourself :"I am strong enough to survive this…". Envision yourself in your mind as one who can change, grow, and be happy.
4)     If the "bad" day is caused by a situation that can be changed, try and take steps, concrete steps, to do so.
And, PS:
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you for this! I had an extremely busy week and on Friday was falling into a negative mindset. I did what you suggest in #3 and instantly felt better!

The Lord is my strength!

Wordshurtorheal said...

Thank you. I needed this.