Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Real "Shechiyanu" ("First")

(image: light brown knee high boots ) :

   I have huge feet. Being blessed with  feet-large-for-height genes from both parents, I am a size twelve.(43-44 Israeli size. )   Most stores here carry to size 40, many to 41. …and a few to size 42. Until lately, I have bought nearly all my shoes in a special store in Jaffa, or in America. Or I buy a feminine-styled man's sport shoe.
    Once I saw that a store in the Petach Tikva mall had a few size 12 shoes, but nothing that I liked. Today I popped in there again, as I was passing by, and I found KNEE HIGH BOOTS.

   I have always dreamt of wearing knee high boots.
   But my feet were too big, or my legs too fat.
   But these fit. I GRABBED them!

   I commented to the casheir: "How lovely that you have knee-high boots in size 12. That is so rare."
   And in his reply he mentioned that these boots are also WIDER than usual.
POP!
POP!
POP!
   My bubble of finally having thin-enough-for –knee-high-boots  legs burst.
   But the boots aren't a snug bare–fit, either, so I will enjoy them anyway.


DRAT! Why did he have to mention that!??!

6 comments:

Meta/roses. said...

You made me laugh with your pop-pop-pop!
I know the feeling though. I very often also have to buy men's shoes.

Mets/roses on WT.

Batya said...

enjoy
walk in good health

tesyaa said...

Plenty of people of normal weight wear wide-calf boots. Enjoy the boots.

Bev said...

That salesman needs to find another line of work! Rude & thoughtless comment!Your boots are lovely & I bet you look amazing wearing them!

Rickismom said...

Beverly, he didnt realize what I was thinking nor could he see my upper calves. He was only noting that the boots where a wide calf style....

Batya said...

This post has been included in Shiloh Musings: Plenty to Read in This Jewish Blog Stew of Havel Havelim and Kosher Cooking Carnival.

Please let the world know, read and share, thanks.